Tuesday , January 26 2021

Other fatal case of hantavirus in Chubut: a municipal employee of Epuyén died



One municipal employee at Epuyén in Chubut became the second death due to hantavirus lung syndrome in the province.

The man who was 61 years old and had been hospitalized in intensive care was one of the five positive cases of hantavirus confirmed by the National Institute of Infectious Diseases (INEI) Carlos Malbrán, where the samples were sent.

The remaining complex picture is that of a 15-year-old, who also remains in intensive therapy, but in clear recovery, while the other patients were discharged, according to the hospital sources that were heard Telam.

Meanwhile, Malbråns results are expected for three new cases reported as "suspects".

"Epidemiological research is continuing in this area," said Jorge Elias, Associate Director of the Esquel Program Department, from the local health ministry, confirming that the infection occurred in a common place.

the Case of Hantavirus "originated in a hall hall where a birthday party was held in Epuyén, but the sick were not at the same table but in different places, so we focused our attention there"detailed elías.

The doctor confirmed that the zoonoses from the Chubut Ministry of Health ordered the placement of traps to capture and analyze long-tailed mouse patterns in the five houses of Epuyén, where the families of the confirmed cases of hantavirus are resident in addition to events.

Due to the common place where the positive cases were reported, became interpersonal infection, although the consultation authorities heard acknowledged that "they are very unusual cases known because the most common form of infection is the environmental."

In fact, the most frequent form that spreads the epidemic is through the virus that transmits the little rodent "Oligoryzomys longicaudatus", known as the "colilargo mouse" in the mountain range, region that is spread especially during the flowering season with sugar cane colihue, which is their favorite food and generates an abundant seed in flowering, which is very rich in nutrients.

Once in the human body, hantavirus lung syndrome causes high fever, muscle pain, cough and headache. After several days respiratory problems aggravate and develop in severe cases, such as if not controlled, can cause death due to respiratory failure or shock when the lungs are filled with fluid.

With information from Télam


Source link