The truth is that it is the most efficient vehicle invented by humans. The bike is a clean and organic means of transport and plays a fundamental role in health, mood, pocket and environment. Is it worth giving a bike for Christmas? There are five very important reasons for doing so.
1. It brings happiness: The first and main reason is that it makes people happier, something that is not sold in any store. In addition to an increase in self-esteem and self-confidence, the tension increases more time away from home by bike. Why? Thanks to the sunlight's ability to increase human serotonin levels, you can enjoy a sense of well-being while pedaling in the open air. Riding an outdoor bike helps clear the mind, stay psychologically positive and sleep better.
2. Increase lifetime: Exercising regularly reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, many types of cancer, hypertension and obesity. Several studies have shown that cycling in a similar way to three 45 minute trips a week rejuvenates the body and prolongs life expectancy even after discounting other risk factors such as smoking or BMI. .
3. Reduce transport costs: The average cost of owning a car is extremely high and counts the fuel needed to make it work while taking into account the purchase, financing, insurance and vehicle maintenance. Travel by bike is the most economical solution for city transport, where the only costs to be faced are the cost of the bike and the equipment needed, such as gloves, helmet, backpack and other accessories.
4. Help keep the line: The body's metabolic rate (the efficiency with which calories and fat is burned) improves with the exercise. But not only during exercise burns calories and fat is lost. After a walk of approx. 45 minutes by bike, the body continues to burn more calories during the hours after training. Higher performance on the bike due to a better physical condition also means a higher number of burned calories and a more effective reduction of body fat. Instead of driving, losing weight with a bike begins to be best suited for people with overweight or other physical problems, as it is a sport without influence.
5. It improves the environment: To make a bike, only 5% of the materials and energy needed to make a car is used, all of which represents emissions and environmental pollution. People only need water and food to travel by bicycle, reducing pollutant emissions from motor vehicles and excessive dependence on oil in today's society.
Source: All Mountain Bike