Check out below how to check the balance of active and inactive FGTS accounts. The employee can check the balance of the Post-Pay Guarantee Fund (FGTS) on the Caixa or FGTS website itself and through the app for smartphones and tablets (with version for Android, iOS and Windows). It is also possible to register to receive FGTS information via mobile messages or email. (see details below).
The government has announced the release of withdrawal for workers with active or inactive accounts. In 2016, Temer management only withdrew from inactive accounts, totaling R44bn.
Here's how to check your FGTS balance:
The employee can consult his FGTS statement in person at Caixa's branch office. You can also go to a service desk and make an appointment with the Citizen Card, provided you have the password. You cannot see the FGTS statement as of Telephone.
Learn more Learn how to receive $ 172 of FGTS revenue
Through the Internet at Caixa's website
On Caixa's website, you must inform the NIS (PIS / Pasep), which can be seen on the work card or any old statement that the worker has, and use a password registered by the worker. You can also use Citizen Password. The site allows you to recover the password, but you must enter NIS. The service shows registration data and account entries made in the last six months.
Click here to check your balance.
The screen below appears:
Checkout page to check FGTS balance – Photo: Reproduction
Fill in the PIS field and the registered password (if you do not have a password, enter the PIS and click on "register password." Fill in the required information and start the process again). Click OK.
You will be taken to this second screen below:
FGTS Balance Query Page – Photo: Reproduction
Read more Pis-Pasep: 23.4 million professionals will no longer receive benefits in 2019
Click on the statement and the screen below will appear with your account information:
On Caixa's website, you must inform the NIS (PIS / Pasep), which can be heard on the work card or any old FGTS statement that the worker has, and use a password registered by the worker. You can also use Citizen Password.
On the site, the employee may choose to receive email detailing the monthly deposit in the FGTS linked account.
FGTS excerpt request page via email – Photo: Reproduction
By FGTS Mobile App
The worker can consult FGTS on the mobile phone via smartphone app. It is available for free download (click here) on phones with any operating system: Android (download from Google Play), iO & # 39; s (download from App Store), and Windows (download from Windows Store).
By mobile message
On Caixa's website, you must inform the NIS (PIS / Pasep), which can be seen on the work card or in an old statement, and use a password registered by the worker himself. You can also use Citizen Password.
On the site, the worker may choose to receive SMS alerts with information about the monthly deposit in the account linked to the FGTS. However, those who make this choice no longer receive the extraordinary paper extract at home. On the other hand, the annual statement is still sent as usual.
FGTS Balance Request Page via mobile – Photo: Playback
Workers who do not have SMS or email services receive the FGTS statement at their home address every 2 months. If it does not receive, the worker must enter his full address at this link, in a Caixa branch or by calling 0800 726 01 01.
How to find the PIS / PASEP number
The Social Identification Number (NIS), also called PIS / PASEP or NIT, can be found on FGTS statements, on the Citizens Card, or on the work card itself. You can also find this number through the National Registry of Social Information (Cnis) website. Here is the walkthrough to find your PIS.
Withdrawal is allowed in some situations.
FGTS may be withdrawn by law at this time:
- By dismissal for no just cause;
- At the end of the contract for a specified period;
- Upon termination of the contract by total termination of the business; suppression of some of its activities; closure of any of its businesses, branches or agencies; death of the individual employer or declaration of invalidity of the employment contract;
- Upon termination of the contract by mutual error or force majeure;
- Upon termination by agreement between the employee and the company. In this case, he is entitled to withdraw 80% of the FGTS account balance and the employer’s fine is 20% of that amount;
- Upon retirement
- In cases of urgent and serious personal need arising from a natural disaster affecting the residence of the worker, when the emergency or state of accident is thus recognized by means of a federal government decree;
- In suspension of individual works for a period of 90 days or more;
- During the death of the worker;
- When the associated account holder is 70 years or older;
- When the worker or his dependent has the HIV virus;
- When the worker or his dependent has cancer;
- When the worker or his dependents are mortally ill due to a serious illness;
- When the account remains without deposits for 3 continuous years, the withdrawal of which took place until 13/07/90;
- When the worker remains for 3 uninterrupted years outside the FGTS regime, whose removal has taken place from 07/14/90, inclusive, and the withdrawal in this case may be from the contingent's birthday month;
- In the case of amortization, settlement of the outstanding balance and payment of part of the rates acquired in real estate consortium systems;
- For the acquisition of own housing, liquidation or amortization or payment of part of the housing-financed services provided under SFH.
Balance monitoring avoids surprises
Financial education: Know what FGTS is and how it works
FGTS is a kind of forced savings that the employer makes for the worker. It is therefore important that the balance is monitored to check for deposits.
Caixa has only FGTS account information as of May 1992. If the employee was admitted to the company before that date, he should check in the Workbook in the FGTS section, which was the previous bank and request the statement. . With the statement in hand, it is possible to check that each month worked has had deposit on account.
The deposit of FGTS is provided by law and all employers are required to deposit in an affiliated bank account equal to 8% of employee compensation in the previous month. The law also provides that deposits must be made monthly until the 7th, and when the date does not fall on the work day, payment must be early.
In addition, companies are required to report employees monthly on the amounts collected. However, this is not always the case in practice.
What to do if the company has not paid
- After discovering that the money has not been deposited, the worker can contact the company and retrieve the deposit for late payment.
- If no agreement is reached, he or she may seek the assistance of the regional labor inspectors (formerly DRT & # 39; s), agencies or management of the Department of Labor or the trade union in his category to file an anonymous complaint. The service network is available on the Ministry of Labor website. The required documents are only work cards, PIS numbers and FGTS-associated bank statements.
- The employee can also file a complaint with the Labor Attorney's Office (MPT) or file a complaint with the Labor Court.
- In the Labor Court, the worker can file a lawsuit for up to two years after the company leaves the company. And it can charge up to five years of unpaid FGTS.
- The appeal to the Department of Labor can be made even after this period of dismissal, because the Labor Inspectorate can charge irregular FGTS at any time, not limited to the limitation of the Labor Court.
- In cases where the company no longer exists, the worker can also file a lawsuit at the labor court and demand payment of the due FGTS.