Sunday , October 24 2021

Geraldton Man Ben de Young is the guardian of the security guard at the Israeli airport


A GERALDTON man has been left with a broken jaw that requires emergency surgery after a violent confrontation with security guards at an Israeli airport.

Ben de Jonge, 41, said he had been waiting for a happy reunion with his Israeli wife Neta and two young children when he arrived at Tel Aviv Airport on Wednesday after a long flight from Australia.

He was an Israeli resident for the last five years and knew the airport's security process.

The last thing he expected was to leave with a broken jaw.

Speaking from his hospital bed to a 7 news reporter, they said Jonge that he had explained to female security officers that he was tired of the flight and did not want to answer his questions. He said the staff had understood.

However, a male security officer was called when he left. The official repeatedly ordered him to sit, which he refused. Mr. de Jong said that it was then that the official hit him in the jaw.

"Next thing I was on the ground. From nowhere. I did not see it coming," he said.

"I'm still in shock. I do not know where it came from."

An aerospace physician participated in his injuries before being taken to hospital. His jaw was broken in two places that required emergency surgery.

"He was an animal you know. Even when I was in handcuffs with the blood dripping on the floor, he stared at me like he wanted to kill me," he said.

"He just would not stop staring at me. I swear to God as the guy hears in a cage. It's not real."

Mrs. de Jonge was at the airport and was waiting for her husband with her children when she was given a call.

"I received a phone call saying Ben is under investigation and we can not see him in the next hour or two so we had to wait outside," she said.

"I tried to get more information from the person who called me but he was not willing to give me that."

A panicked wife de Jonge found out the assault and struggled to explain the situation of her children.

"Not how we were waiting to get daddy after two weeks in Australia," she said.

"Yesterday when they came to see him (in hospital) they were in tears."

Mr de Jonge recoveres from hospital after seven hours of surgery to put his jaw back in place, and the emotional way the attack has taken is clear.

"Emotionally … I'm not good," he said.

"I'm better than yesterday after surgery. The last two days have a lot of pain and I just could not think." Spent the last two days staring at the wall. "

In a statement from Tel Aviv airport he said that the Young refused to identify himself to a security officer.

Source link