Actor Gerard Butler was among the many people whose lives have come up and down the fires that raged in California. Recently, he tweeted his experience and urged his supporters to support firefighters as well as others who have been hit by the devastating fires:
Returning to my house in Malibu after evacuation. Heartbreaking time across California. Inspired as ever by the courage, spirit and sacrifice of firefighters. Thanks @LAFD. If you can, support these brave men and women at https://t.co/ei7c7F7cZx. pic.twitter.com/AcBcLtKmDU
– Gerard Butler (@GerardButler) November 11, 2018
1/2 Drive around Point Dume on Saturday. My heart hurts everyone who lost their homes and their lives in California. I was one of the lucky ones, my home was only partially destroyed. Many people lost everything and need to be rebuilt from the beginning. (tweet continued) pic.twitter.com/cS4UTlRR00
– Gerard Butler (@GerardButler) November 12, 2018
2/2 I'm fine and so grateful for all your good wishes. Please turn your support to those who need it most here, and throughout California. There is a Go Fund Me to help people across the state who suffered from the fires. Please join me if you can. https://t.co/ghkHkoZqUw
– Gerard Butler (@GerardButler) November 12, 2018
But not everyone wants Butler good. Because you see, Butler has done something unforgivable: Earlier this month he was a part of the Israeli Defense Forces' friends. And now he pays for it:
Twitter is a cesspool pic.twitter.com/Ps7GqnuWL8
– Peter J. Hasson (@peterjhasson) November 12, 2018
Unfortunately, there's still a lot more where it came from:
Oh, I hate to say this though pic.twitter.com/mIocRs8oDM
– علياء البوعليان (@AlyaB_) November 12, 2018
as you make your bed so you must lie.
– Farhan Ahsan (@FarhanRavian) November 12, 2018
It is Gaza. Is it?
– Mohd Faizal Musa (@drfaisaltehrani) November 12, 2018
Looks like Gaza!
– paulmc67??????? (@jingscriven) November 12, 2018
Looks like the Gaza Strip last night Gerard ….
– Slimshady (@ Slimshady1961) November 12, 2018
The question is why did you raise $ 60 million money to IDF destroying Palestinian homes ?!
– مصطفی کمال بلتستانی (@Awulpa) November 12, 2018
Sweet Jesus Gerard … you can almost be Palestinian now (without $ 60 million) Hail Hail !!
– Pádraig Murchadhfinn (@paidimerbhin) November 12, 2018
What you experience here is everyday for the people of Palestine. Maybe your IDF friends will return your collection efforts.
– Frankie Disco Lights (@frankie_gault) November 12, 2018
After raising money for Israel #karma
– وضحى (@_wadhaqa) November 12, 2018
Karma is working !!!! Your place looks like every day Palestine now !!
– Patricia Kennedy (@ donamaria0_4) November 12, 2018
Now turn your attention to the poor people of Palestine, who have to endure bombings and snipers day in and out of Israeli forces!
– Hunter (@lllllinda) November 12, 2018
A Hibby Who Helps Israel Against People With Stones …
have you learned now?
– Spank-Puffin-ThunderBot (@GnotGneiss) November 12, 2018
The world is filled with money hungry actors like @GerardButler to support IDF while killing innocent women and children in Palestine!
– OmarBinMohammad (@ OmarBinMohamma5) November 12, 2018
.@GerardButler I'm sorry for your house, but now you need to feel a little bit of what the Palestinian people suffered expelled from their territories and their homes are destroyed by the Israeli Zionist army that you support. #Genocida #Palestine #PalestinaLibre pic.twitter.com/4ovHHjserB
– Gilmer Uscategui☭ ™ (@gilmerus) November 12, 2018
Consolidate with the fact that you have very good insurance and you are also a millionaire. Not something that can be said about the Palestinian people that you helped pee out of their homes by supporting I.d.f. Karma in action.
– Andrew (@realAndyhammer) November 12, 2018
Think of Palestine Iraq and Afghanistan You burned this poor people's house like this and destroyed them. You can get some lesson from this matter and you realize something. I'm sorry to burn your house, but you should definitely think about Palestine
– User's Guide (@ imaan_Afridi1) November 12, 2018
@GerardButler I'm so glad you're okay. It looks like a war zone. Battle of the literal war zone in Palestine that you cause with your support for the Israeli IDF. #WTF Gerard? I used to respect you. https://t.co/sSuaGTZCuYhttps://t.co/J3uQstTB0N
– cwmqat2 (@ StandOnGuard4) November 12, 2018
@GerardButler Wow, your house is burning & you still have time to support an apartheid regime and their military killing and murdering children in Palestine. Shame on you!
– XXX (@ 6a235e264f7741d) November 12, 2018
This is nature's way of learning how to feel when a home is destroyed, lost or scratched.
And you took money to IDF who do this to the Palestinians every day.
Hope you learned something.
– Bulls Eye (@iTsTaLaT) November 12, 2018
How happy am I with what has happened to you, how happy am I that you have lost your home. Perhaps you feel minimal what the Palestinian people have suffered. You who support an immoral, killing and terrorist army like the Israeli. #Befria Palestine
– César Mattar (@yacobo) November 12, 2018
Tolerance at work.