"Kubica wants to decide on his future this week – the chance that the 33-year-old will be Williams driver amounts to more than 90 percent." Only the signature is missing "- said the German car portal.
According to "Auto Motor und Sport", the parties get closer to the latest details, including performances in Friday's workout. Williams would like to give it back to the driver who would pay for this opportunity. In this way, the Grove team would have additional resources for a modest budget.
He gives away the cards
Kubica, however, is due to frequent driving – also because of his sponsors.
– The decision belongs to me. Everything has to be baptized, I do not want to force anything. This should be a reward for a long journey. The environment and those with whom I will cooperate are also important, "said the Polish driver, quoted by the portal.
Kubica, the current test driver of the English team, would join 20-year-old Brit George Russell, who previously guaranteed his start in Williams during the 2019 season.
An alternative is the Ferrari offer, where the Polish could take a stand for a driver involved in the development of the Italian car.
He had to forget about F1 for a long time
The Kubicas F1 career, which lasted from 2006, was interrupted by an accident. Drama took place at the beginning of the 2011 season, when the pole represented Renault colors. On the local Ronda of Andorra, his car sat in a metal barrier by the road. The barrier penetrated the body and crushed his right hand. His doctor fought for hours for his life.
He had to forget about F1 for a long time. He did not regain his efficiency in his right hand, in January 2018 he became Williams reserve and test driver.
It is speculated that in the fight for return, he can count on PKN Orl's financial support. The company would support him financially. "At this stage it's too early to talk about potential cooperation or some details," explains the statement.